Daily Recharge: Ankle Tilts + Pinky 8s
In today’s Daily Recharge, we show you two simple, yet VERY powerful mobility exercises that target the ankles and hands. The reason these exercise are so great is because they:
- With the ankle tilts, they aren’t just an ankle mobilizer, they also help to alleviate hamstring tension.
- Ankle tilts also can help prevent ankle turns.
- Hand figure 8s are great for mobilizing the joints of the hand.
- Hand figure 8s are also great for alleviating tension and can help carpal tunnel symptoms.
The best thing about them is that they only take a couple minutes to perform. We highly recommend doing these 3-5 times per day for 2-minutes or whenever you feel like you need a break!
Cues to remember while doing any joint mobility sequence:
- Lengthen up tall, with your eyes forward.
- Neutral Spine and Hips as you perform the exercise.
- Always breathe in a relaxed, comfortable manner.
- Never move into pain.
- If painful, slow down and decrease range of motion.
- Quality over quantity. That means, control the movement as best you can.
Need help? Just reach out!